Who can use the API?
What can I do with the API?
Do things such as:
- Build new types of widgets
- Tweak out-of-the-box visualizations to match the exact look and feel you are looking for
- Fine tune the application behavior for specific needs
- Apply custom formatting
Here are a few examples from our forums:
To see more examples of how the API can be used to match your needs, visit our user forums:
- Click the Dashboard menu button in the top-right corner of the Dashboard and selectEdit Script.
- Click Save and refresh your dashboard.
- Hover over the top-right of the widget and click to edit the widget.
- Click the Widget menu in the top-right corner of the widget and select Edit Script.
- Browse to your Plugins folder: C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins, and open the specific plugin folder. If you are creating a new plugin, create a new plugin folder under thePlugins folder.
- Open the widget.js file in an editor, and update the code.
To create a new widget plugin:
- Create or locate your Plugins folder: C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins. If the plugins folder does not yet exist, create it under PrismWeb.
- In the plugin folder, edit the following files:
- widget.css: This CSS file contains information about the style for the infobox and other classes.
- isSupported & rankMetadata: These two properties are used to determine whether the dimensions/values specified by the user are supported to build the required chart.
- processResult: If the results returned need to be modified before rendering the chart, this is the place to do so. An example is if an extra data set needs to be calculated off the given data (regression analysis) before being passed to the chart renderer.
- Icons: If you want to include a small icon in the chart type list, you can add the image file to this directory and reference it using the iconSmall property. This path is not relative, so the path will have to be specified in the following format: “/plugins/MyPlugin/icon.png”.
- After editing the above files, and including them in the plugin folder you created, the plugin will become available in the Sisense web app.
- Log into a dashboard, and create a new widget. Open the Advanced configuration, and you should see the name of your new plugin in the list of available chart types.